The Resilient Fisheries RI List-Serv is open to all members of Rhode Island's fishing industry: captains, crew, shoreside businesses, dealers, and other support services. It is a place for discussion, collaboration, and notification about upcoming opportunities to advance the resilience of Rhode Island's fisheries. Members of the fishing industry are defined as all those with a financial dependence on the harvest of wild fishery resources in Rhode Island, or those who work directly for them. If you are not a member of the fishing industry and would like to learn more about the Resilient Fisheries RI communication platform, please contact ResilientFisheriesRI@gmail.com
List-Serv Instructions and Ground Rules
- Anyone on the List-Serv may post to the List-Serv. You are encouraged to initiate appropriate topics of conversation.
- To reply to the entire List-Serv, select "Reply-All."
- To reply only to the original sender, select Reply".
- To see who else is on the List-Serv, click the link at the bottom of any of List-Serv e-mail.
- You may unsubscribe from the List-Serv at any time by clicking the link a the bottom of any List-Serv e-mail.
- Please do not spam the List-Serv. If you post too frequently, you may be asked to be more sparing in your participation.
- The List-Serv is a place for members of the fishing industry to support our common good. While healthy debate is encouraged, you should not use the List-Serv to deepen divisions within the industry by advocating for one user group over another or tearing down other people's opinions.
- The List-Serv includes members from all ports, gear types, scales of operation, and fisheries, as well as shoreside businesses. Please keep conversation broad enough for everyone to understand. Conversations of narrow relevance to a particular location, gear type, etc. may be initiated via the List-Serv but should then be moved to a smaller group.
- Make it fun! The occasional photo or story will be appreciated by all. This is YOUR List-Serv, so make yourself at home.